Possible to add attributes to links (ITSM CMDB items)?

Moderator: crythias

FrankW
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.16

Possible to add attributes to links (ITSM CMDB items)?

Post by FrankW »

Hi all,
I have a rather specific problem, maybe someone has already encountered this problem and found a solution: I want to add text attributes to links between different configuration items (ITSM CMDB), is this possible with the help of some configuration changes and/or an add-on? Or do I probably have to change the OTRS code myself? To clarify what I want to do: I have two configuration items and add a link between those two items. Now I want to add some text attribute to this link, e.g. some description text attribute which describes this link (provides additional details). If you know database stuff: I imagine something similar to a relationship attribute in an ER diagram.
I use OTRS 5.0.16 with the ITSM extensions.
artjoms15
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 3.3.8 && 4.0.9

Re: Possible to add attributes to links (ITSM CMDB items)?

Post by artjoms15 »

The closest thing you can get Out-of-the-box is CI Link Types.

As stated in official documentation OTRS::ITSM offers 7 default Link Types. The simplest solution would be to give meaningful names/translations to those types, or you could extend them with your own link types
Ar cieņu / Kind regards,
----------------------------------------
Artjoms Petrovs
Sistēmu analītiķis/Programmētājs /
Systems Analyst/Programmer
Lamaman
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 4.0.15

Post by Lamaman »

What we did we added in the Config Item a link to a FAQ item.
The config items are not linked with one another, but FAQ item links them together. In the FAQ item you can put additional information.

Not a solution for you, but perhaps a workaround.
FrankW
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.16

Post by FrankW »

Ah thanks, that might be a solution (workaround) for the problem :) for now it's probably ok in our case (personally I don't like workarounds, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet).