OTRS 3.1.2 Migration from Windows to Ubuntu Problem Fetching Mail

Moderator: crythias

jaymartin
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.2

OTRS 3.1.2 Migration from Windows to Ubuntu Problem Fetching Mail

Post by jaymartin »

Hello,

I'm encountering an error with automatically fetching mail on Ubuntu using OTRS 3.1.2.

We are currently running OTRS 3.1.2 on a Windows Server and it is running fine.
We want to migrate it to Ubuntu so we can upgrade to OTRS 5.
We set up an OTRS 5 system on Ubuntu and was able to fetch mail correctly from our test mailbox (email was fetched, email was deleted from the mailbox).
Ported database from Windows to Ubuntu but cannot log in so I tried setting up OTRS 3.1.2 in Ubuntu.

Set up OTRS 3.1.2 from Ubuntu from scratch and ported the database from Windows Server.
Tried sending a ticket to test mailbox and a ticket was being created every 10 minutes (how the postmastermailbox.pl was set up). The mail was not being deleted from the mailbox and no ticket notification was being sent to me.
Tried fetching mail manually but encountered a browser error and OTRS just created another ticket with the same title.
Tried sending mail with TEXT only and was able to successfully fetch mail manually.
By this time, I thought that using the database from Windows Server had a problem.

However, I set up OTRS 3.1.2 from scratch in Ubuntu and still encountered the problem above.

I searched some articles and found that other people have installed OTRS 3.0 in Ubuntu so older versions of OTRS should work.
https://ownlinuxnotes.wordpress.com/201 ... in-ubuntu/

Has anyone encountered this or know a possible resolution?

Thank you very much.
jaymartin
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.2

Re: OTRS 3.1.2 Migration from Windows to Ubuntu Problem Fetching Mail

Post by jaymartin »

Made this work by following the upgrade path from OTRS 3.1.2 to OTRS 4