No Dynamic Field Default Value Change by Activity Dialog

Moderator: crythias

jason123
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS 5

No Dynamic Field Default Value Change by Activity Dialog

Post by jason123 »

Hi,

I am trying to set up a process and am using the sample BookOrdering.yml file. Everything is working great except that the default value for the status field does not change for each Activity Dialog I have set up.

I will clarify:
1. I have a dynamic field titled Status (no default value set) and have it assigned to each Activity Dialog.
2. Two of the Activity Dialogs are 'Record the demand' and 'Approved'.
3. For 'Record the demand', the Status dynamic field has its default set to 'Approval'.
4. For 'Approved', the Status dynamic field has its default set to 'Approved'.
5. When I create a process ticket, the 'Record the demand' Activity Dialog is loaded and the Status is 'Approval'.
6. When I open the 'Approved' Activity Dialog, the Status is still 'Approval' even though I have the default value for that Activity Dialog set to 'Approved'.

Why does the default Status value not change depending on what Activity Dialog is open?

Thank you,
Jason
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: No Dynamic Field Default Value Change by Activity Dialog

Post by crythias »

If the Dynamic Field is a select/drop down box, only the listed available options will be provided/available.

Otherwise, screenshot(s) of what you think you configured might be useful.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
jason123
Znuny newbie

Post by jason123 »

For the BookOrdering.yml process sample, I have created a dynamic field status (along with other settings outlined in the documentation). The context for my issue is as follows:

Step 1. Dynamic field is defined as follows with no default value set:
dynamic_field_created.png
dynamic_field_created2.png
Step 2. In the first Activity (titled 'Recording the demand'), there is an Activity Dialog (also titled 'Recording the demand') with the status dynamic field's default value set to 'Approval':
AD_Record_Demand_Dynamic_Field.png
(I could only attach 3 images, see the next reply for the rest of the post)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jason123 on 09 Jul 2016, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.
jason123
Znuny newbie

Post by jason123 »

(Continued)

Step 3. In the second Activity ('Approval'), there is an Activity Dialog (titled 'Approved') with the status dynamic field's default value set to 'Approved':
AD_Approval_Dynamic_Field.png
Step 4. Saved everything and Deploy/Sync all processes.

Step 5. Created a new Ticket using the BookOrdering process. The first page appears with the Status as 'Approval'. This is the same as the Activity Dialog's default value seen in Step 2 above. I submitted the ticket.
Ticket_Create_Record_Demand.png
Step 6. The Approval Activity page appears and I select the Activity Dialog 'Approved' which has the Status appear as 'Approval'. This is not the default I set for the default value I set for this Activity Dialog seen in Step 3 above.
Ticket_Approved.png
How do I get the status dynamic field to change based on which Activity Dialog is being used? Or, how do I get it to recognize the default value that I set for each Activity Dialog's dynamic field (as seen in Steps 2 and 3 above)?

Thank you for your help,
Jason
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wurzel
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: x.x.x

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

You can use ACL to restrict the values per dialogue
the documentation is from OTRS 3.3. but it works similar in 5

http://otrs.github.io/doc/manual/admin/ ... 1.7.3.4.16

Flo
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)
OTRS 8 auf Debian 11 (Test)
Znuny 7.x latest version testing auf Debian 11

-- Ich beantworte keine Forums-Fragen PN - No PN please

I won't answer to unfriendly users any more. A greeting and regards are just polite.
jason123
Znuny newbie

Post by jason123 »

Thank you for your response. I have been trying to implement the ACLs over the last week. Not having any success. I follow the instructions in the documentation but nothing seems to work.

I wonder if there is a problem with the install.

Also, I see that I had neglected to put in the ACLs and that may have contributed to the dynamic fields not changing per Activity Dialog, but what are the Default Values for under each dynamic field instance in each Activity Dialog?

Thanks,
Jason
wurzel
Znuny guru

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

want to share your ACL?

Flo
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)

I won't answer to unfriendly users any more. A greeting and regards are just polite.
jason123
Znuny newbie

Post by jason123 »

The ACL list, just to start, is as follows; I entered them in through the 'Admin/Access Control Lists (ACL)' section on the site. The image below contains an ACL for the Record on Demand activity dialog and an ACL for the Approved activity dialog:
ACL for the two activity dialog.png
Below is the Record on Demand activity dialog info:
activity_dialog_record_on_demand.png
Below is the Approved activity dialog info:
activity_dialogue_approved.png
Thanks,
Jason
wurzel
Znuny guru

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

it looks fine.

You do not test as user root@localhost do you?

Flo
OTRS 8 SILVER (Prod)

jason123
Znuny newbie

Post by jason123 »

I was in root, and to my embarrassment, I also had the validity of each ACL set to invalid. This is huge, thank you.

However, there is still one requirement I need to meet which the ACLs do not seem to meet. How do I specify the default status if I am required to have more than status present in an activity dialog box? I had thought about trying to reorder the statuses in the dynamic field, but different contexts may require different default status. The dynamic fields in the context of each Activity Dialog have a default option, but they do not seem to catch (see the above screen shots, steps 1-6 for details).

I think I can meet the business requirements with the ACL functionality, but if anyone has encountered this and has come up with a solution, that would be great.

Thanks,
Jason