(SOLVED) Helpdesk monitors

Moderator: crythias

wheelshot
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 4.0.24

(SOLVED) Helpdesk monitors

Post by wheelshot »

Hey all,

We got a group of people in our business that are our "helpdesk monitors" and they would like to get email notifications when Critics and High priority tickets arent taken care of. How would you work with that use case?

Using escalation and "My queues" wouldnt work great cause they would have to receive all kind of email notifications and only wanna know those particular tickets that are falling in cracks.

Tell me if im not clear and thanks for the discussion.
Last edited by wheelshot on 20 May 2016, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
RStraub
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: 6.0.14

Re: Helpdesk monitors

Post by RStraub »

Use a generic agent, filter for the event "closed.*" or whatever you defined as "taken care of", then send a predefined note to a predefined group of agents.
Currently using: OTRS 6.0.14 -- MariaDB -- Ubuntu 16 LTS
wheelshot
Znuny expert

Post by wheelshot »

RStraub wrote:Use a generic agent, filter for the event "closed.*" or whatever you defined as "taken care of", then send a predefined note to a predefined group of agents.
Maybe my use case wasnt clear enough.

Lets says I got the follow case:
1. Ticket is opened with Critic priority at 13h00.
2. Ticket is moved by level 1 support to another subqueue but no one gives a human first answer to customer after 60 min (so its 14h00).
3. OTRS sends an email to a group not linked at all to the ticket or subscribed to the queue where the ticket is now

So the ticket aint closed yet and I have no status update since creation. I'll head to the Generic Agent but last time I checked there wasnt the right filter to what we wanted exactly. Thanks
wheelshot
Znuny expert

Post by wheelshot »

wheelshot wrote:I'll head to the Generic Agent but last time I checked there wasnt the right filter to what we wanted exactly. Thanks
So I checked it and was able to create a kinda working filter but the only thing is the "To" that i'd like to fix.

Here's where I wouldnt know what to put there:
2016-05-10 13_32_18-Edit - Admin - OTRS - Maxthon Cloud Browser 4.9.2.1000 - max4web.png
Any clue? I've never worked with Ticket commands nor custom module.

Thanks again
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RStraub
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: 6.0.14

Post by RStraub »

Oh, you are right. Try ticket notifications instead. There you can send a notification to agents that are in a certain role or group.

Sorry.
Currently using: OTRS 6.0.14 -- MariaDB -- Ubuntu 16 LTS
wheelshot
Znuny expert

Post by wheelshot »

RStraub wrote:Oh, you are right. Try ticket notifications instead. There you can send a notification to agents that are in a certain role or group.

Sorry.
Tried it already before posting but im stuck where I gotta select the right trigger and Im not sure which one to pick cause neither seems to do what's needed. Would be great to have the same time trigger in Notifications as in the generic agents hehe.
2016-05-11 08_14_41-Notification (Evenement) - Administrateur - OTRS - Maxthon Cloud Browser 4.9.2.1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

use Generic agent to test, then set a (newly created) state of "Hey, Look at me! I'm violating my criteria" (or equivalent).

Trigger agent notification on Ticket state update, with criteria of that state.

The rest you should be able to determine.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
wheelshot
Znuny expert

Post by wheelshot »

crythias wrote:use Generic agent to test, then set a (newly created) state of "Hey, Look at me! I'm violating my criteria" (or equivalent).

Trigger agent notification on Ticket state update, with criteria of that state.

The rest you should be able to determine.
I like it ! Thanks Crythias for the idea.