Close ticket in customer interface

Moderator: crythias

Guybrush
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.6

Close ticket in customer interface

Post by Guybrush »

Greetings OTRS users and developers...

We would like to allow customers to close tickets via the customer portal.
Just a simple 'close ticket' button would probably be sufficient, option to add a note would be nice but not essential.

Does anyone have any comment / advice / experience in regards to the possibility of such a function?

Many thanks in advance, any feedback is gratefully received!
Guybrush
OTRS 3.3.6 on CentOS 6.5, MySQL
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Close ticket in customer interface

Post by crythias »

Customer replies to ticket and chooses next state closed successfully.
(Yeah, like customers ever close tickets anyway...)
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
Guybrush
Znuny newbie

Post by Guybrush »

Hi Crythias,
Thanks very much for your advice!

I did not realise it was possible there, it's a little hidden away.
It would be nice if there could be a button/link, either on the row in the tickets list or at the top of the ticket view, that would open the reply option with next state: closed succesful already selected.
Do you think this would be easy to do, are there any pointers you could give to help me out with implementing such a thing?

Your input is much appreciated.
All the best
Guybrush
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Guybrush wrote:t would be nice if there could be a button/link, either on the row in the tickets list or at the top of the ticket view, that would open the reply option with next state: closed successful already selected.
Do you think this would be easy to do, are there any pointers you could give to help me out with implementing such a thing?
Easy? I don't know. Might play with HTML/Javascript. Worth it? probably not.
The relevant points are more along the lines of whether the agent will actually realize the ticket is closed on him.
There's a lot of effort to invest in the time where less than 1 percent of all tickets are manually closed by the customer. I'd be interested to know how many tickets of all your tickets your customers will say, "it's okay to close this ticket" that actually do that through the web interface (vs call you or email you).

Historically, nearly all tickets from the customers I've dealt with, and indeed, tickets I've placed with other businesses, the customers don't want to be bothered with administrative tidbits. Customers assume that my agents will complete the ticket and let them know it was complete, and meanwhile only bug them with actions requiring their attention (changing labels such as queue or priority doesn't count as requiring attention). On the rare occasion that the customer says, "You can close this ticket", I as an agent am pretty okay with pressing the close ticket button on my side, as my job revolves around closing the open tickets. However, normally, I'm setting my last customer notification as pending auto closed successfully. That fixes both problems, as long as the pending time doesn't interfere with SLA complete time. For me, I don't care so much about SLA close time.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
Guybrush
Znuny newbie

Post by Guybrush »

Crythias,
Thanks a lot for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.
I agree with your very valid points, it's unlikely to be a worthwhile improvement.
I will feed back the information to my agent who requested the feature.
All the best
Guybrush
savoir81
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.0.13

Post by savoir81 »

Hi,

There is possibility to do this combining dynamic fields and generic agent.

It's easy, please PM me if you need suggestion.

Regards,
Savo