Searching for" tickets where I (Agent) was involved

Moderator: crythias

shostakovich
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 3.2.5

Searching for" tickets where I (Agent) was involved

Post by shostakovich »

Guys,

OTRS definitely is lacking a way to find tickets which I have been part of - I think.

I can find tickets:

- which were created by me (CreatedUserIDs)
- which have articles with "From: <me>" (From)

...and that's it. Of course I can search for "Watcher is <me>" or Owner, but those are not persistent attributes.

We have many tickets with articles, which get the attributes "From: <customer>" (why? happens on an Agents note or Mail) and/or "From: <groupmailadress>" in articles. If an Agent is not the creator of the ticket, most likely he will not be able to find it.

What we need to be able to search for is THIS articles attribute:
Zwischenablage-1.png
And this cannot be searched for. Thoughts?

best regards
Michael
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Searching for" tickets where I (Agent) was involved

Post by crythias »

Of course, you can always search for the agent who owns the ticket, which, according to OTRS, is the most important part of finding yourself related to a ticket.

In general terms, though, unless you are Responsible or Owner or Watcher, your involvement in the ticket is irrelevant because it's not your ticket.
shostakovich wrote:"Watcher is <me>" or Owner, but those are not persistent attributes.
Of course they can be changed, and if they are, the ticket's contents are not relevant to you if you aren't them any more.

Yes, there's no search that's really good to find you as an article sender, but you can find things by full text or sql query.
shostakovich wrote:If an Agent is not the creator of the ticket, most likely he will not be able to find it.
unless he's the owner...
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
shostakovich
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 3.2.5

Re: Searching for" tickets where I (Agent) was involved

Post by shostakovich »

I'm coming from the Agent perspective who may want to search tickets which he has been worked on. This is happening quite often. If he worked on, say, 40 tickets on one day and now needs a quick overview about where he was involved, he can easily find things he is searching for. He cannot do SQL queries and the full text search does not find his name in the article creator field. A simple search like "tickets with article IS [me]" would be great - maybe it should only be possible to do self search, because of privacy issues.