Moderator: crythias

durgesh
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS 3.1
Company: IT Info

Auto Follow up with Customer.

Post by durgesh »

Is there any auto response feature in OTRS 3.1 -

1. Suppose the customer has raised a call, then a ticket is created and the system support team has resolved the problem. This is Ok.
2. Lets say system support team sends a mail to customer confirming that the issue has been resolved and asks the client to please confirm. SystemSupport Team sends mail on 20th August 2012.
3. Now the customer doesn't replies to the mail.

So, is there any auto response feature in which we can create a auto response follow up for three specific days, e.g. create a auto response from date 21st August, 22nd August and 23rd August.
Now suppose we want that a auto response for followup should go to the customer asking for the follow up update and customer confirmation and now lets say the autoresponse goes on 21st, 22nd August and 23rd August, now I want that if the customer doesn't replies the 3rd time on 23rd then then ticket should be closed and a mail should be send to customer that the ticket is closed after certain followups.

Thanks in Advance.
Durgesh
durgesh
Znuny newbie

Re: Auto Follow up with Customer.

Post by durgesh »

This version used is OTRS 3.1

Thanks
Durgesh
durgesh
Znuny newbie

Post by durgesh »

Please if anyone can reply to this post.

Regards,
Durgesh
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Not as stated. Besides, I'd be rather irritated to be bothered daily on something I have no obligation to respond or act. As a customer, I'm busy. Even if you're waiting on me to respond, that's my problem. :)

Do this:
Reply to the customer using the reply method with a status of pending autoclose successful+ in 3 days.

"Dear customer,
We believe we have satisfactorily completed the request. If you don't agree, or you have further questions, please reply to this email. Otherwise, this ticket will close in 3 days.

Thank you,
{signature}"
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
diginin
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: CVS

Post by diginin »

Besides the very valid point made by crythias, it would be possible to set a dynamic field, and have a generic agent run every 24 hours to search for tickets with this attribute, and then send a mail. Strange enough as this proceedure would be.
Shawn Beasley
Contact me per XING
Contact me per LinkedIN

OTRS CVS on Ubuntu Stable.

signature by diginin74, on Flickr

Computers are like air conditioners, when you open windows they are useless.

P.S. (für Leser meiner Deutschtexte) Rechtschreibfehler bitte mit s/.*/$KORREKTUR/ ersetzen.