Web portal & Email not sending notifications

Moderator: crythias

jschlueter
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 4.0.4
Company: Kimberly Area School District

Web portal & Email not sending notifications

Post by jschlueter »

When I create a ticket as an agent in OTRS the notifications work. However, I a customer creates a ticket through the web portal it creates the ticket and shows that a notification was sent out but the customer never gets an email. Also, if I send an email to create a ticket, it does the same thing where it creates a ticket but no notifications are sent out. Any thoughts? Thanks
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Web portal & Email not sending notifications

Post by crythias »

I think butterflies are pretty ... :)
Oh, you mean thoughts about this..
Perhaps, but we'd like to know a few things. LIke, your version of OTRS, what OS you're running it on, what your otrs logs indicate, what (GMail? Exchange? other? mail server setup you're sending through) if you can check your smtp logs (/var/log/mail.log?) ... You know, standard stuff :).
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
jschlueter
Znuny newbie

Post by jschlueter »

Sorry...I thought it was at the bottom of my posts...
OTRS Version: 3.1.3
Mail: Gmail

When looking for the smtp logs in the location you provided above I don't see a log called "mail.log". I have been looking through the "otrs.log". When looking at the otrs.log it shows that it created the ticket and it shows in OTRS that the ticket is created. It even shows in the ticket that an email was sent to the user that created ticket that the Help Desk received the ticket, but no email was received by the ticket creator. When looking in the log it doesn't show anything about an email being sent or received. Hope I didnt miss anything and hope I explained this good. Thoughts? Thanks
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

if OTRS states that an email was sent in history check the OTRS log if there is an error (OTRS Log and Apache Log) If these are OK, ask your mail service provider
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
jschlueter
Znuny newbie

Post by jschlueter »

When I created a ticket in the portal it shows in the Ticket area, no email was sent. I have copied what the otrs.log shows when I submitted the ticket.

[Tue Jun 5 09:27:18 2012][Notice][Kernel::System::Ticket::TicketCreate] New Ticket [2012060510000028/0927 TEST] created (TicketID=35,Queue=Raw,Priority=Low,State=new)
[Tue Jun 5 09:27:47 2012][Error][Kernel::System::Cache::FileStorable::Set][84] Can't create directory 'C:/PROGRA~2/OTRS/OTRS/var/tmp/CacheFileStorable/ITSMChangeManagement::ToolBarChangeManager::3': Invalid argument
[Tue Jun 5 09:27:47 2012][Error][Kernel::System::Cache::FileStorable::Set][84] Can't create directory 'C:/PROGRA~2/OTRS/OTRS/var/tmp/CacheFileStorable/ITSMChangeManagement::ToolBarMyChanges::3': Invalid argument
[Tue Jun 5 09:27:47 2012][Error][Kernel::System::Cache::FileStorable::Set][84] Can't create directory 'C:/PROGRA~2/OTRS/OTRS/var/tmp/CacheFileStorable/ITSMChangeManagement::ToolBarMyWorkOrders::3': Invalid argument
[Tue Jun 5 09:27:47 2012][Error][Kernel::System::Cache::FileStorable::Set][84] Can't create directory 'C:/PROGRA~2/OTRS/OTRS/var/tmp/CacheFileStorable/ITSMChangeManagement::ToolBarMyCAB::3': Invalid argument
[Tue Jun 5 09:27:52 2012][Notice][Kernel::System::Ticket::TicketCreate] New Ticket [2012060510000037/0927 TEST] created (TicketID=36,Queue=Raw,Priority=Low,State=new)

Doesn't say anything about an email...but when looking at the Ticket in OTRS it shows that an email was sent out. I have attached a screen shot of it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crythias

Post by crythias »

If a queue does not have an autoresponse assigned to it, the customer will not receive a notification.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
jschlueter
Znuny newbie

Post by jschlueter »

I have queue auto reponses setup....I attached a picture of it. Unless I am missing something.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crythias

Post by crythias »

You said you have logs that it sent a message to the person who created the ticket. What log? What you posted didn't indicate that.
jschlueter wrote:It even shows in the ticket that an email was sent to the user that created ticket that the Help Desk received the ticket, but no email was received by the ticket creator.
jschlueter wrote:[Tue Jun 5 09:27:18 2012][Notice][Kernel::System::Ticket::TicketCreate] New Ticket [2012060510000028/0927 TEST] created (TicketID=35,Queue=Raw,Priority=Low,State=new)
[Tue Jun 5 09:27:47 2012][Error][Kernel::System::Cache::FileStorable::Set][84] Can't create directory 'C:/PROGRA~2/OTRS/OTRS/var/tmp/CacheFileStorable/ITSMChangeManagement::ToolBarChangeManager::3': Invalid argument
[Tue Jun 5 09:27:47 2012][Error][Kernel::System::Cache::FileStorable::Set][84] Can't create directory 'C:/PROGRA~2/OTRS/OTRS/var/tmp/CacheFileStorable/ITSMChangeManagement::ToolBarMyChanges::3': Invalid argument
[Tue Jun 5 09:27:47 2012][Error][Kernel::System::Cache::FileStorable::Set][84] Can't create directory 'C:/PROGRA~2/OTRS/OTRS/var/tmp/CacheFileStorable/ITSMChangeManagement::ToolBarMyWorkOrders::3': Invalid argument
[Tue Jun 5 09:27:47 2012][Error][Kernel::System::Cache::FileStorable::Set][84] Can't create directory 'C:/PROGRA~2/OTRS/OTRS/var/tmp/CacheFileStorable/ITSMChangeManagement::ToolBarMyCAB::3': Invalid argument
[Tue Jun 5 09:27:52 2012][Notice][Kernel::System::Ticket::TicketCreate] New Ticket [2012060510000037/0927 TEST] created (TicketID=36,Queue=Raw,Priority=Low,State=new)

Doesn't say anything about an email...but when looking at the Ticket in OTRS it shows that an email was sent out. I have attached a screen shot of it.
The logs win.
What ignores email?
The user submitting a ticket via webform *might* not get a response because it is him submitting for himself.
The user preferences say don't send me email.

No, there isn't a mail.log because you're running Windows and you're using GMail and you're not using sendmail. No, you don't have to worry about that, but the troubleshooting of sending email then relies pretty much on credentials to GMail and checking GMail's Sent Items folder and ... well, if OTRS log doesn't indicate the message was sent, then it may not have been.
jschlueter
Znuny newbie

Post by jschlueter »

Prior to today we were using another users credentials to create a ticket and they were not receiving emails.
We did setup the email address we are using for this system in Thunderbird and when looking in the sent folder it was showing that it was sent.
What I dont get is why if we are creating a ticket in the OTRS ticket system, a email shows its sent and the customer gets the ticket but if you go through the portal or send an email to create a ticket the customer doesn't get a auto response.
crythias

Post by crythias »

What is the queue difference for Postmaster and web?

For instance, is the user submitting to the same Queue as that which you have created manually? Is Postmaster sending to "Raw" or "Main"? Is the web user submitting to a queue that doesn't have an autoresponse?
jschlueter
Znuny newbie

Post by jschlueter »

In Core:PostMaster the PostmasterDefaultQueue is set to Raw
When creating a ticket through email it shows that its in the Raw Queue
So they both should be getting an auto response from the Raw Queue which is configured
Appreciate all the help!