Making new phone or email tickets appear as new

Moderator: crythias

kwilliamsgisi
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.3
Company: GIS Inc.

Making new phone or email tickets appear as new

Post by kwilliamsgisi »

In my OTRS installation, any time a new phone or email ticket is created, the new ticket appears in the Open Tickets section of the dashboard. I would like these new tickets to actually appear in the New tickets section of the dashboard. I have not been able to figure out how to get OTRS to behave in this fashion.

Here's what I tried so far:
In Ticket -> Frontend::Agent::Ticket::ViewPhoneNew I found the Ticket::Frontend::AgentTicketPhone###StateDefault item, which is set to "open" by default. This is obviously why the ticket appears in the Open Tickets section. Because "new" is a valid and existing ticket state, I tried changing the value of this config item to "new" instead of "open". The result is that any new phone tickets created are instantly closed the moment they're created. The value "new" is not available in the list of ticket states on the New Phone Ticket dialog.

So, what is the proper way to get this to work?

I guess, alternatively, what is the method for making tickets that get auto-generated from incoming emails appear in the Open Tickets section instead of having a ticket state of "new" applied to them? I really just want all of the new tickets to appear in the same place rather than spread out all over the dashboard.

Thanks for any assistance!
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Making new phone or email tickets appear as new

Post by crythias »

When you mentioned that tickets are closed automatically because the default state is "new", do you have any logs on that?

The ticket state of "new" is of type "new" (see your States section in admin.) If you want, you can add "next state type available" "new" in the same place (below where) you attempted StateDefault.

Alternatively,
Edit Config Settings in Ticket -> Core::PostMaster
PostmasterDefaultState

Default value: new
Defines the default state of new tickets.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask