Moderator: crythias

pes130
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4
Company: Universidad de Almería

Question about AgentTicketSearch

Post by pes130 »

Hello,

I have some questions regarding index.pl?Action=AgentTicketSearch.
Some of our agents are asking us about the difference between 'From' field in section 'Fulltext-Search in Article (e. g. "Mar*in" or "Baue*")' and 'Customer User Login (e. g. U5150)'.

If we try to search by filling from field with a user name (for instance: pes130) we get about 6 tickets, and on another hand, if we do the same search using 'Customer User Login', we get about 120 tickets.

The question is: What is 'From' field for? Shouldn't we get a larger amount of tickets using 'from' field rather than using 'Customer ID' because 'Customer ID' only gets tickets created by the user and 'from' gets all of them (even those one not created by the user).

An related with that, I have another question: What is 'Text' field for? I think that it's form accomplish full text searchs in tickets. But the results are confusing. That is, if we look for 'wifi', we only get 63 tickets, and if we do the same search using 'title' field, we get about 700.
Again, Don't you think that first query should get more results than the second one?

Sorry if the questions seems obvious, but I've been looking form user manuals to understand what is each field for, with no suceed.

Thanks,
Pablo
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Question about AgentTicketSearch

Post by crythias »

pes130 wrote:If we try to search by filling from field with a user name (for instance: pes130) we get about 6 tickets, and on another hand, if we do the same search using 'Customer User Login', we get about 120 tickets.
Possible. Sometimes these tickets were sent directly via email before the user was created as a customer. Once created as a customer (my guess), they show up as First Name Last Name <email address> so they don't fit the previous from criteria. Read: John Smith <jsmith@> is not the same as jsmith@
pes130 wrote:An related with that, I have another question: What is 'Text' field for? I think that it's form accomplish full text searchs in tickets. But the results are confusing. That is, if we look for 'wifi', we only get 63 tickets, and if we do the same search using 'title' field, we get about 700.
Possibly it only scans body.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
pes130
Znuny newbie

Post by pes130 »

Hi Crythias
Thanks for your response.

Regarding the first question, we don't create ticket by email, and all of our customers exist before the ticket creation (Because we use ldap authentication, and of our customers belong to our organization). But, anyway,
what does the field 'from' exactly look for? for the client id or name, for the owner, or maybe for the author of a note? The title of the fieldset says 'Fulltext-Search in Article', what is an article in a ticket context?

And regarding the second questions, you are right. I've compared both results (with text and title) and in the last month, there are more tickets with the word 'wifi' inside the text than in the title. But here it comes the strange thing: the oldest ticket looking for field 'text' is from 39 days ago, and looking for 'title' is from 80 dyas ago.
Do you know if there is some kind of time limit?

Again, thanks for your help,
Kind regards,
Pablo
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

pes130 wrote:But, anyway,
what does the field 'from' exactly look for? for the client id or name, for the owner, or maybe for the author of a note? The title of the fieldset says 'Fulltext-Search in Article', what is an article in a ticket context?
From would be the "from" address of an email. Even if the ticket was created as you've said, responses via email are also connected. Besides, it *is* possible that an email was manually typed as "from" and not selected from the auto-fill options.

An "article" is any entry of a ticket that contains information (note, reply, correspondence in either direction), including the original ticket submission. If you look at the ticket table, you won't see a "body" in the schema, because that is contained as an article attached to the ticket.
pes130 wrote:Do you know if there is some kind of time limit?
No, but you'd be able to verify by looking at the oldest title tickets to see if the results are accurate. Your agents may be typing wi-fi instead of wifi.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
pes130
Znuny newbie

Post by pes130 »

Hi Crythias,

After lots of tests, we have noticed that 'Article' search only shows ticket closed in 2012. We have been looking for a configuration issue in http://ftp.otrs.org/pub/otrs/doc/doc-ad ... n_book.pdf but with no succeed.
Any hint about that?

Thanks!
Pablo