Generic agents triggered by events not time intervals

Moderator: crythias

KCT
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0

Generic agents triggered by events not time intervals

Post by KCT »

Hello.

I've been trawling through the posts here for a resolution to this, and so many things come close I think there ought to be an answer. Sorry if this has been answered a million times already.

I have OTRS set up with generic agents to either automate processes that happen on every ticket (to save agents needless tasks) or to regulary check for things they might have missed (like updating status, or assigning a supervisor to a complicated ticket) and set them accordingly.

So, at the moment

* ticket enters Queue A - agent classifies it as priority, and moves it to Queue B
* Queue B tickets should always have the supervisor assigned as a watcher, but the agent forgets to do this
* generic agent sweeps the system after 10 minutes and picks up a ticket in Queue B without watcher assignment and adds him.

but I'd like them to be triggered by the event, rather than having to check all tickets for applicable ones every x minutes, so:

* ticket enters Queue A - agent classifies it as priority, and moves it to Queue B
* Queue B tickets should always have the supervisor assigned as a watcher
* Process of moving ticket to queue B automatically updates watcher assignment.

We work on some quite short SLAs, so even a five or ten minute gap in an update can have a negative effect on this, and I don't want to run the generic agents too often in case it needlessly slows down the system.

Thanks!
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Generic agents triggered by events not time intervals

Post by crythias »

OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask