User Queues and default values

Moderator: crythias

tpham
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.8

User Queues and default values

Post by tpham »

I am setting this up for use with internal IT and have decided to create a "dummy" customer ID for use with creating new phone tickets. I setup separate queues for each user in our department and assigned services to them via the "Customer" field under the Admin console. I dont feel like this is the most efficient way of configuring the software but it looks like it will work. Anyways, I was wondering if I could assign default values (responsible, owner) to each specific user queue that I have setup. This will make it easier to manage within Dashboard. Any advice/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: User Queues and default values

Post by crythias »

Queues are generally a "what", not a "who". You can try something different, but Queues are generally (IMO) best handled as to: A Queue labelled "Printing" can best be handled by what group of Agents?

No, generally, you can't assign a default responsible or owner to a queue, but you can assign them at ticket creation.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
tpham
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.8

Post by tpham »

:( I had it previously setup with certain jobs in Queue but it just didnt seem to flow right. Thanks for the response, Ill try to get this optimized further.
spiderpig
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: OTRS 5

Post by spiderpig »

hi,

i'm also trying to set default responsible for all tickets in one que.

any luck ?
OTRS 4.0 running on Centos 7