Problems with KIX4OTRS 4.2.1 And OTRS::ITSM 3.1.11

Kolkos
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.2

Problems with KIX4OTRS 4.2.1 And OTRS::ITSM 3.1.11

Post by Kolkos »

Hello all,

First of all, I'm currently working with KIX4OTRS 4.1.0, this is working fine. Thanks for this add-on. The main reason of using KIX4OTRS is the customer assigned config-items. Especially the Customer Information-Board combined with the Customer Assigned CI's comes in very handy. Thanks for that!

OTRS 3.1.x has been released some time ago, after releasing KIX4OTRS 4.2.x, I decided I'll need to update OTRS and KIX4OTRS to the latest stable version of OTRS 3.1.x. I've tried the following procedures (on a test server).

Upgrade procedure
Install OTRS
Load Config operational system
Follow upgrade procedures for OTRS
Upgrade KIXCore and KIX4OTRS

Clean Install Procedure
Install OTRS 3.1.11
Install OTRS::ITSM 3.1.6
Install KIXCore
Install KIX4OTRS

After these steps I've tried to enable Customer Assigned Config Items (as described in chapter 13.1). When enabling the option KIX4OTRS-ITSM → Frontend::Customer → Frontend::CustomerUser::Item###99-ConfigItemLink.

After activating this setting I'll get an error while searching in the Customer Information-Board. The following two messages are shown (alert());

"An error occurred! Do you want to see the complete error message?"

"Error during AJAX communication"

The Console log from Chrome gives me the following information:
POST http://172.16.11.85/otrs/index.pl? 500 (Internal Server Error)
[ERROR] CommunicationError: Error during AJAX communication

Looking in /var/log/apache2/error.log I'll see the following error:

“[error] Can't locate object method "CustomerAssignedConfigItemsTable" via package "Kernel::Output::HTML::Layout" at /opt/otrs/KIX4OTRSITSMConfigManagement/Kernel/Output/HTML/CustomerUserConfigItem.pm line 60.\n”

I've tried chaning the default value “SearchAttribute” from CustomerUserID to UserLogin. This doesn't have any effect. I've tried selecting the KIX4OTRS theme instead of the Standard Theme. This doesn't have any effect at all.

When I disable the option “Frontend::CustomerUser::Item###99-ConfigItemLink” the customer assigned config items will be shown when creating a new ticket. But in the Customer Information-board the CI's won't be shown.

I couldn't find the documentation for OTRS 3.1.X and KIX4OTRS 4.2.1 so I've used the documentation for 3.0.x.

Am I doing something wrong or am I missing something? Could you please help me with this?
Kolkos
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.2

Re: Problems with KIX4OTRS 4.2.1 And OTRS::ITSM 3.1.11

Post by Kolkos »

After searching for quite some time I've removed the Ajax error.

What I've done so far:

I've changed the word CustomerAssignedConfigItemsTable to KIXSideBarAssignedConfigItemsTable (on line 60 of /opt/otrs/KIX4OTRSITSMConfigManagement/Kernel/Output/HTML/CustomerUserConfigItem.pm). I don't get the error anymore. But for some reason the Customer Information-Board still won't show the customer assigned config items. Any ideas on that?
brann
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 3.3.x

Re: Problems with KIX4OTRS 4.2.1 And OTRS::ITSM 3.1.11

Post by brann »

There are already the KIXCore 1.1.2 and KIX4OTRS 4.2.2 for OTRS 3.1.x.
You can download it here:
http://www.cape-it.de/all-versions.html
brann
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 3.3.x

Download KIX4OTRS

Post by brann »

Update:

The download site for KIX4OTRS can be found here:
http://www.cape-it.de/en/kix4otrs-download-eng.html

(We've changed the CMS, therefore, the URLs changed).